• An enrollment lottery will be held in February 2013 for available positions in the upcoming school year. Families interested in having their child or children included in the lottery must have completed Intent to Enroll forms submitted by February 10, 2013.
• Parents/legal guardians whose children are selected in the lottery for available positions will be notified the same day by phone of their child/children’s selection. If the parents cannot be reached on the same day, MSCS will continue to attempt verbal notification for the next four (4) days. If parents/legal guardians are not reached during that time, they will forfeit their child/children’s position in the lottery and their child/children’s names will be placed at the bottom of the wait list. Notification in Spanish will be provided for those parents/ legal guardians who have indicated a Spanish language preference.
• Mountain Sage Community School must receive verbal confirmation of acceptance for each selected student no later than five (5) business days after the lottery and/or notification. Should a family fail to respond to the lottery notification after five (5) business days, their child’s name shall be withdrawn and that available spot will be offered to the child at the top of the school’s wait list. If the available position for a student is declined by the parents/legal gaurdians, the student will lose their position. Students may reapply for a position, however their names will be placed at the end of the compiled wait list.
• Within ten (10) days of accepting an available position via verbal confirmation, parents/legal guardians must complete a School Enrollment Form for each child. This form will be mailed to the address provided on the Intent to Enroll form submitted to Mountain Sage. A letter of official enrollment confirmation will be sent to parents/legal gaurdians after the completed School Enrollment Form has been received by Mountain Sage.
• After available spots for each grade level have been filled by the lottery, remaining students will be placed on an “order drawn” wait list for openings that may arise in the upcoming school year.
• Should a position in the school become available from August 1st to September 25th, parents/legal guardians with children on the wait list will have two (2) days upon verbal notification to notify MSCS of acceptance of those positions. MSCS will attempt to contact parents/legal guardians for two (2) days only during this time period. It is the responsibility of the parents/ legal guardians of a potential student to maintain current contact information with the school.
• The school will enroll kindergarten students who will be 5 years old by September 15th the year they start kindergarten, in alignment with the Poudre School District enrollment guidelines. Based on the age requirements indicated by traditional Waldorf schools, parents are strongly encouraged to enroll their child in kindergarten only if they have turned 5 years old by June 1st, in the year they intend to begin Kindergarten. Waldorf schools utilize an age requirement that is based on current research for student success.
• MSCS will offer both full-day and half-day Kindergarten positions. The half-day positions will be offered free of charge due to public funding received by the school. Full-day tuition spots will require $310 monthly tuition to cover the portion of the school day not covered by public funds.
Mountain Sage Community School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or handicap in its activities programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX amd Section 504.